Needless to say, a trip to the majestic Victoria Falls, or Mosi-oa-Tunya (the Smoke that Thunders) as it is know to the locals, should be right near the top of anyone’s African sights bucket list. Of course, being in the area would also unlock the opportunity to experience the spectacular African wildlife through the endless number of available safari options – be it something on the Zambezi River, a trip into the heart of the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Wildlife Park, or even a full-day visit to the world-renowned Chobe National Park in Botswana!
Sun International’s world renowned, opulent The Royal Livingstone Hotel lies on the banks of this mighty African river, and features a total of 173 en-suite guestrooms offering splendid accommodation in 17 riverbank residences. Infused with Africa’s tribal warmth, The Royal Livingstone is a hotel that exudes Victorian elegance and splendour, down to the finest detail of the lamps, the magnificent paintings, and the black and white photographs of early pioneers – indeed, it is the perfect sanctuary to reflect and rejuvenate.
From this splendid base, a number of awe inspiring safari nature experiences are available:
- Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Wildlife Park – Game drives into the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Wildlife Park will take you close to herds of buffalo or wild elephants. And don’t forget to ask your guide about the famous Bob Marley Tree.
- Chobe National Park – The Chobe National Park was Botswana’s first national park and boasts one of the greatest concentrations of wildlife to be found anywhere in Africa, guaranteeing a thrilling full-day African safari.
- Boat Cruises – The African Queen and African Princess Boat Cruises offer daily morning, lunch and sunset cruises, with game viewing from the comfort of an expansive river boat, complete with snacks and drinks.
- Canoe Safari – Enjoy a Canoe Safari and experience the Zambezi River as David Livingstone would have in a makora or dugout canoe. This is a serene and natural way to be on the water without the sounds of engines as you gently glide past elephant, buffalo, antelope, giraffe, and zebra.
- Cheetah Interaction – Interact with the fastest land animal on the planet in a safe environment where you can touch this magnifcent cat, walk with it, and witness its awesome speed and power in a simulated hunt.
- Elephant-Back Safaris – Take a leisurely ride through the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Wildlife Park with the chance of meeting wild animals along the way, and stopping alongside the Zambezi River. Then enjoy a unique interaction with your elephant after the ride.
- Game Drives – A game drive in the Chobe National Park takes you into one of the most famous game parks in the world featuring Africa’s Big Five and the world’s largest elephant population.
- Horse Riding – A Horse Adventure allows you to get closer to the animals than ever before. The Victoria Carriage Company provides a variety of horse riding adventures including guided, leisurely trails through the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Wildlife Park.
- River Safari – A Zambezi River safari is the best way to experience the magic of the river and its animals, and takes you close to the elephants, hippos and crocodiles of this great river.
- Walking Safaris – Livingstone Walking Safaris will get you really close to the African wild with a 3-hour walking safari with a professional guide and park scout through the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Wildlife Park.
Whew. With all that available, no wonder it’s such a great idea to be able to put your feet up back at the Royal Livingstone!
(Please note that this is a Sponsored Post, placed via the MyScoop blog advertising network.)