Tag Archives: writing

…and I’m Back General Nonsense 13 DEC 2010

Whew, okay, I’m back to wreak more havoc with the written word, having taken a bit of a break from blogging thanks to a) the really enjoyable X-Men Origins: Wolverine xbox game, b) the really enjoyable Marvel Anime: Iron Man, c) the really enjoyable Wolverine and the X-Men animated show, d) the NOT so enjoyable experience of having my blogs hacked and having to clean up and restore everything, e) loads of fun family visits, f) the NOT so fun daily extended commutes, and finally the most IMPORTANT reason in explaining away my tardiness in these pages:

Jessica, already having had enough of her dad's incessant prattle!

Continue reading

Throttling My Output Blogging 22 APR 2010

Okay, so I’ve finally taken the hard decision and decided to throttle back a bit on the output I produce for my CodeUnit code, technology and tutorials blog.

I currently run three blogs plus am meant to be running a fourth Karate site (which quite simply I don’t find the necessary time for). Now I am a person who firmly believes that blogs are meant to be updated on an extremely regular basis and I find nothing more annoying that an infrequently updated “personal” site.

This of course has the effect that it spurs me on to produce as much good, high quality content as what I possible can, which translates into daily updates on both the CodeUnit of Craig and Rugged Rock of Craig blog sites – The House of C webcomic site gets updated a little less frequently, but it gets updated nevertheless.

However, I would like to stretch my creative legs a little and start producing more artwork in the little spare time that I have, and that of course means that something has got to give, and so after giving it some thought I have decided to cut back on the output stream for CodeUnit and from this point onwards stick to a Monday, Wednesday and Friday release schedule, essentially freeing me up from four days’ worth of articles during a week.

My personal blog, the Rugged Rock of Craig will however continue to be updated on a daily basis.

So if you are a regular, regular visitor (i.e. daily) to CodeUnit of Craig, I’m sorry for this cutting back a bit. Rest assured though that the quality of the articles will remain the same – there is simply going to be a fair smaller number of new posts in a month.

(Luckily for me though, based on the Google Analytics stats I don’t believe there are too many of you in existence in the first place! :P)

Coolio.

Just thought I should let you know.

Emotional Writing General Nonsense 10 JUN 2008

PenAs you can no doubt tell by the latest comments, I now sit with a fairly serious problem on my hands, which has prompted this post which supersedes all the others I had planned originally for today.

The point that I feel extremely necessary to point out is the impact that emotional state has on one’s writing. This is an important aspect because it literally affects every single piece of writing that comes out of anyone, and simply can’t be left out of the equation.

Writing is like an extension of one’s self, and should be considered just as much an art form as painting or sculpting as it is an outlet for one’s personality, emotions and feelings just as sculpting a piece of clay or adding the finishing touches to a masterpiece is. And it is the same with my writing.

If I am happy, then what I write about and the tone of what is written conveys that feeling. The same goes for if I am sad or confused. Similarly if I am angry or annoyed, those too get carried through my writing, and as is always the case with these negative emotions, you generally end up saying things that you’ll regret later.

Hell, I’ve even made my mother cry about something I wrote which deeply offended her.

The point I want to make is that what I write here in my personal space is exactly that. It is a reflection of how I feel at any point in time. 98% of my posts of positive and feel good because that is how I feel 98% of the time. Of course, that leaves 2% of the posts saying more negative things, which I don’t take back because those were written while currently in whatever emotional state I was while writing them.

Sometimes these things are controversial and as the case at the moment, can have greater ramifications on my life than what I ever had imagined at the time of writing, but unfortunately that is just how it is.

A person has to stand by what they write and not be ashamed of it. Whether it be factional or fictional, every single bit of work that you produce reflects a part of you within it. It is an extension of you and how you feel at the time of writing it whether you… and everyone else around you… likes it or not.