Chantelle was on duty again this weekend meaning that there aren’t any cool excursions to report back on, but nevertheless the weekend was pleasant enough, kicking off on a good note thanks to the Friday afternoon drinks at work. Jessica was a bundle of energy in the evening (as she has now been for the last little while), and once we eventually managed to get her to bed, it was a quick round of KFC for supper before Chantelle got on with all her market preparation work, taking her well past midnight as per usual (I was sound asleep in bed by the time she eventually made it to the room!).

Saturday was market day for Cheryl and myself (with Monty being tasked with looking after Jessica as my mom and dad were away for the weekend). Pleasingly the weather held and we were gifted a beautiful sunny day, which certainly helped lift the normally flat winter sales figures! Back home it was a matter of a quick shopping trip followed by getting Jessica into bed, before spending the rest of the evening with wifey on the couch, half watching the thoroughly enjoyable (and hilarious) Bridesmaids and chomping down on some delicious home-made pizzas!

Sunday morning Jessica and I watched a considerable amount of Avatar: The Last Airbender (I’m seriously loving that show), waiting for Chantelle to return on her split so that we could head out to the Mambos Plastic Warehouse and Toys R Us at Somerset Mall. There we picked up on a number of awesome containers to help with the Chantelle’s Cookies & Cakes ventures, as well as more importantly, some cool Duplo sized imitation LEGO pieces to occupy miss Jess Jess with.

The afternoon was spent watching the final half of Bridesmaids, before Jessie and I made a supplies run to Pick ‘n Pay, followed by an awesome indoor braai where in addition to the awesome pork, chicken and boerewors on the grid, I also completely surprised Chantelle by managing to produce a rather edible (and enjoyable) braaied piece of Beef Shin, a meat she said was impossible to use outside of the stew pot! Bubble which we had bought from the plastics shop was the entertainment of the evening for young Jess, who turned out to be rather reluctant in going to bed on Sunday evening – something she paid the price for on Monday morning when we had to rudely awaken her to get her ready in time for creche!

So like I said, not a very interesting weekend to be sure, though there is one interesting thing that happened in Gordon’s Bay at 03:00 Sunday morning which involved a rugby player and our beloved Ooskus – but that I’ll report on in a separate blog post methinks! :)